Sunday 1 December 2013

Books this week

Short reviews or comments on books I have finished this week.

Life Without Limits
by Nick Vujicic
Great book and an amazing guy. "If God can use a man without arms and legs to be His hands and feet, then He will certainly use any willing heart!" Go check out what Nick is doing:

Secret Believers: What Happens When Muslims Turn to Christ?
by Brother Andrew and Al Janssen
A vivid, gripping novel based on many true stories. It did what it was meant to do: gave me a view into the life of people following Jesus in an Islamic country. Very good. Find out more at:

Eat That Frog!
Get More of the Important Things Done Today
by Brian Tracy
No doubt these are great principles for time management at work. Not quite sure how some of these apply to my life. (My "key result areas" at the moment are along the lines of: homeschool gets done, family gets to eat, laundry gets done, home reasonably clean...) Maybe it all boils down to this: know what really needs to be done - then quit procrastinating and just do it.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty much the lesson I take from Eat That Frog! I tend to procrastinate on things like calling for appointments, or dealing with paperwork, so when I'm following his suggestions I force myself to tackle that right away. I'm always glad I did, so why do I still have to make myself do it the next time??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny - you mention exactly the same things I also tend to procrastinate on... :) Making phone calls to people I don't know just feels hard. So, the Frog book was an encouragement to just do the hard thing first - otherwise it keeps nagging me at the back of my mind while I deal with everything else.

      Delete