Sunday 29 December 2013

One Day at a Time

I was sent back from the hospital. I'll be going back on Tuesday to show the ankle again, and I am to be prepared for a possible operation. Or maybe they won't operate.

So this is what it's like to live in Limbo Land. I don't know what to think, what to plan. 

Get housework done. Get various little jobs done. Don't plan meetings, don't take on new responsibilities, don't make promises beyond Tuesday.

I keep doing the rehab exercises. Telling myself to walk normally - because it really does not hurt worse than limping.

I'm grateful for the time I have.
I'm grateful for every little thing I get done, now that I am walking on two feet and no crutches.

Walk while you can.
Work while you can.
Pray all the while.
Pain and discomfort.
Joy and sharing.
One day, one step at a time.


So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment