Monday 30 December 2013

Reading summary, 2013

The year is not over yet, but I'll write down the statistics anyway. They're not likely to change much.

I keep track of the books I read in a spreadsheet file. I've been keeping up the same file since 2006 - I just add a new tab for each year. It's a simple system: I write down the names of the book and the author, and whether it's from the library or our own shelves.  The last few years, I've added a column for keywords describing the book's topic, since it's not always evident from the title.

So, the statistics.

Total number of books: 125
Non-fiction: 84, of which 26 were Christian books.
Fiction: 40, of which 25 were children's or YA titles.

Languages:
Finnish: 62
English: 48
Estonian: 14
Swedish: 1

I have read more books this year than in most of the previous years. The ratio of fiction and non-fiction is pretty much the same as before - or maybe I've even read more fiction than before. That's because of the Adrian Plass re-read kick and because I've written down at least most of the children's books that I've read. 

I've already posted the Best Reads of 2013 today. It's been a good year: I've read many good and interesting books in addition to the ones mentioned there. And I also have more books on my TBR list than at the beginning of this year...  8-)  #bookwormproblems
I have thought about my reading goals for 2014, and I hope to post them at some point later this week.

In the meanwhile: may God bless your New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment