Sunday 26 April 2015

Reading Challenge Update (April)

It's been a long time since I last reported on my progress with the reading challenges. As I have already written about most of these books either in QuickLit or other posts, this is going to be just a list.


A Book by a Favorite Author
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

A Book I Should Have Read in High School: 
The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson.
This was assigned in many Finnish schools when I was a teen. I don't remember reading it - I might have, or maybe our school didn't do this one, I'm not sure.

A Book That's Currently on the Bestseller List: 
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
This one was number 3 on the New York Times list when I read it.

Now I've completed five out of twelve categories in the MMD challenge. Plenty more to read during the rest of the year...


#21 A book you should have read at school but didn't:
David Wilkerson: The Cross and the Switchblade

#11 The first book by a popular author and
#49: Detective or suspense novel:
Louise Penny: Still Light

#12 Written by your favourite author, but you haven't read this book before:
Marilynne Robinson: Housekeeping

#6 The name of the book is just one word:
Micha Boyett: Found

#4 The author was under 25 when book was published:
Katie Davis: Kisses from Katie

#31 A self-help book:
Danny Gregory: Art before breakfast: a zillion ways to be more creative no matter how busy you are

In progress now:

#14 Based on real events AND #26 A trilogy:
Judith Kerr: When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit, The Other Way Round and A Small Person Far Away.

#39 A book you remember from childhood (also for the MMD challenge)
F.H. Burnett: The Secret Garden

Out of the 50 categories in the challenge, I still have 23 that I haven't even started. In one way, being halfway through even though it's only April is good. On the other hand, some of the remaining categories are more difficult for me. (Set in my home town? Author with the same initials as mine?) I keep hoping that I'll bump into books that will fit the categories and that I also want to read. At the same time, I'm also reading books that don't fit any of the remaining categories. Can't help it - I can't ignore all the interesting books around me just because they don't fit into the challenge... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment